Welcome to Instant Consult – your #1 choice for bulk billing online doctors that you can speak to via video call on your smartphone. With our easy-to-use phone app, you can access all the benefits of speaking with a fully qualified, Australian registered, and experienced GP at your fingertips, ready to use whenever and wherever it is convenient for you.
- Fully licensed Australian GP’s ready to consult with you over video call
- Bulk billing online doctors – save money
- Convenient, easy-to-use application on your smartphone or tablet
- Access a comprehensive range of medical services – prescriptions, pathology requests, medical certificates + more
Talk to a bulk billing online doctor in 3 easy steps:
- Download the Instant Consult app from the app store native to your device
- Register your details and sign up
- Request a consult and speak to a Medicare funded GP in minutes (wait times may vary)
Who is eligible for a bulk billed consult?
- Bulk billed consultations will be available to all Australians with a valid Medicare card until Sunday 19th July 2020.
- From Monday 20th July 2020 to 30th September 2020, bulk billed consultations will be available to all Australians with a valid Medicare card if they are under 12 months of age, homeless or living in a COVID-19 hot spot.
- If you are not eligible for a bulk billed consult from 20th July, or are not a Medicare card holder, rest assured we have kept our consult fees as low as possible (from just $35) to ensure we offer an effective and affordable solution to our users.
What medical services can I get from bulk billing online doctors?
See the comprehensive range of medical services our Medicare funded online doctors can provide you with
At Instant Consult, our fully qualified GP’s are able to consult with you via video call and provide you with the following services (when clinically appropriate).
In Australia, employees have the right to take sick leave when they are too unwell for work – in order to eliminate any doubt about their sincerity and maintain good faith with employers, employees need to produce a medical certificate from a GP that determines they were unfit for work (for one or several days).
Using the Instant Consult app, you are able to speak to a Medicare funded online doctor via video call as you would with a regular in-person consultation and be provided with a medical certificate that will be accepted by your employer. This is far more convenient when you are feeling too ill to travel to work in the first place, since you don’t need to even get out of bed to get a medical certificate using our app!
Sometimes in order to properly diagnose your ailment, a GP will need to request that you attend a pathologists’ clinic and get one or more of your fluids (blood, urine, saliva etc) collected and analysed. The findings of the pathologists’ clinic are then reported to your GP so they can help you plan a course of action to address the issue.
With Instant Consult, you can speak to a bulk billed online doctor via video call and, if they deem it necessary, have them provide you with a pathology request you can take to the pathology clinic of your choice. Again, this saves you time you might have otherwise spent travelling to a medical center, reducing your travel to just the pathology clinic and back home again.
Radiology requests are issued by your GP when they deem it necessary to use a form of diagnostic imaging (CAT scan, MRI, x-rays etc) to find out more information on your condition and plan an appropriate course of action with you.
With the Instant Consult app, you are able to easily talk to a Medicare funded online doctor via video consultation and get a request for radiology that you can take to the radiologist’s clinic of your choice.
Prescriptions are authoritative instructions from your GP as to what medication you need to take and how long/what frequency to take it at. They are required by pharmacists to sell you medications that are kept behind the counter due to the fact they could be dangerous when taken by someone who doesn’t need them.
You are able to use the Instant Consult app to have a consultation with a bulk billed online doctor who may issue you with prescriptions, when clinically appropriate, sent to the pharmacy of your choice. You are then able to visit the pharmacy you elected and collect your medication instantly.
Sometimes the medical issue you are dealing with goes beyond standard care and requires that you engage a medical specialist (such as a psychiatrist for mental health issues, or a physiotherapist for a physical injury you are recovering from).
Using Instant Consult, you can easily speak with a Medicare funded online doctor and, if deemed necessary in their professional opinion, get a referral for a specialist allied health practitioner.