Yes, it’s possible to get a 2-day medical certificate online. Instant Consult’s doctors issue both single-day and multi-day medical certificates that cover up to three days of leave. The best part? You can get your doctor’s certificate from the comfort of your home or anywhere you are in Australia!
Whether it’s a sick leave certificate or a carer’s certificate, Instant Consult makes it easier and more convenient to secure a sick note from wherever. All you need to do is hop on a quick video consultation, and if the doctor deems it appropriate, you’ll have your certificate within minutes.
You don’t have to worry about being stuck in the waiting room when all you want to do is rest in your own bed. It’s a hassle-free solution, saving you a trip to a clinic and the usual wait times. So if you need a 2-day medical certificate today but don’t have the time for in-person consultations, Instant Consult is the way to go.
Who Can Get a 2-Day Medical Certificate?
Generally, anyone in need of a medical certificate for sick leave or carer’s leave can request one. This includes employees and students. However, your doctor will still need to assess if your condition warrants more than a single day off work.
Common conditions that typically require a 2-day medical certificate include:
- common colds
- minor cases of flu
- ear infections
- strep throat
- food poisoning
- severe allergies
- other short-term health concerns that prevent you from working or attending school
During the consultation, tell your doctor about any symptoms you’re feeling and how they affect your capacity to work. This can help them better assess how many days you need to be off work or if you need to see a doctor in person.
How It Works
With Instant Consult’s easy-to-use telehealth services, you can secure a medical certificate from an Australian-registered doctor in four easy steps:
- Create an Instant Consult Account: Start by downloading the Instant Consult app. Then sign up to create your account.
- Book a Telehealth Consultation: On the app’s dashboard, click on the “Request a Consult” button, and follow the prompts to book an online consultation. One of our doctors will connect with you within 15 minutes.
- Chat With Your Doctor: Discuss your symptoms and any information that your doctor may need to accurately assess your condition. They may also ask about your medical history and any medications you’re taking. Providing accurate information at this stage is crucial not only for medical certificate purposes but also for getting you any other medical help you may need.
- Get Your Medical Certificate: After your doctor reviews the information you provided and deems that a medical certificate is necessary, your certificate will be delivered straight to your Instant Consult inbox. You can then print it or send it to your employer right from the app.
Are Online Medical Certificates Valid in Australia?
Yes, online medical certificates are valid in Australia as long as they are provided by a qualified health practitioner. Section 12 of the Fair Work Act 2009 describes a medical certificate as a “certificate signed by a medical practitioner”. Under the same section, a medical practitioner is defined as:
“a person registered, or licensed, as a medical practitioner under a law of a State or Territory that provides for the registration or licensing of medical practitioners.”
At Instant Consult, all of our doctors are AHPRA-registered. The Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) is the national accrediting body for medical professionals. This means that Instant Consult doctors are fully qualified to issue medical certificates, and any online certificates they issue are as valid as any you would get in an in-person consultation.
Instant access to chat with a doctor with a comprehensive range of services
With Instant Consult, you can chat with a doctor and get help for a wide range of medical requests, all from the comfort of your home!
Are you too ill to come into work and need to give your boss a medical certificate? With Instant Consult you can chat with a doctor and get a medical certificate sent directly to your app’s inbox, all without getting out of bed!
If you need a new prescription or need to update an ongoing one then you can use our app to instantly chat to a doctor who can prepare your prescription promptly!
If you have a medical condition that needs treatment from a specialist, one of our GP’s can send a digital referral straight to your app’s inbox.
If you need a blood cell count or to check for STDs/STIs or need any other kind of bloodwork you can easily get a pathology request sent to your inbox by any of our fully licensed online GPs. You can then take the request to the clinic of your choice.
If you require any special kind of diagnostic imaging such as a CAT scan or an MRI you can get a request from one of our online GPs which you can then take to your preferred provider.
Will I Get Paid If I am Off Sick for 2 Days?
In Australia, your eligibility for paid sick leave depends on your employment status. Under the Fair Work Act 2009, full-time and part-time employees are entitled to paid personal leave, which includes both carer’s leave and sick leave. This leave accrues throughout the year.
- Full-Time Employees: For full-time employees, personal leave typically accrues at a rate of 10 days per year.
- Part-Time Employees: Paid personal leave for part-time employees accrues on a pro-rata basis.
- Casual Employees: Generally, casual employees are not entitled to paid sick leave.
To avail of paid sick leave, you may be required to provide evidence that you are indeed sick, especially for absences exceeding one day. That’s where medical certificates come in handy. When issued by a qualified medical practitioner, they serve as valid proof that can be used to support your paid sick leave entitlements.
However, each employer might have specific policies regarding sick leave, so you should consult your employment contract or HR department for details pertinent to your situation.
Sick Notes Certified by Real Doctors
At Instant Consult, we understand that getting a medical certificate should be quick, convenient, and credible. Our team consists exclusively of AHPRA-accredited and fully qualified Australian registered doctors. That’s why you can rest assured that every certificate we issue meets the highest standards of medical care and legal validity in Australia.
Our doctors can provide different types of medical certificates, including:
- Sick Leave Certificate: Our online sick leave certificates are convenient if you’re feeling unwell and can’t make it to work.
- Carer’s Leave Certificate: If a family or household member is ill and needs your care, just book a telehealth appointment, and you’ll get your carer’s certificate in minutes.
Depending on your condition or the condition of the person you are caring for, these certificates can cover up to three days of leave.
Community of Doctors
Australian registered, fully qualified, insured and experienced Doctors right at your fingertips ready for an instant online consult
A New Era of Healthcare
Medical certificates aren’t the only healthcare service you can get conveniently nowadays. Instant Consult also offers a wide range of gold-standard telehealth services you can access anywhere in Australia. From general consultations to online prescriptions, specialist referrals, and pathology and X-ray requests, Instant Consult is ushering in a new era of healthcare.
Whether you’re in a remote rural community or need to talk to a doctor in the wee hours of the morning, we got you covered. Our doctors are available from 6 AM to midnight AEST every single day – even on public holidays. Plus, our consultations are bulk-billed for patients 12 months and younger with a valid Medicare card.
Book a telehealth consultation with Instant Consult today and enjoy premium quality healthcare right from the comfort of your home.