From common treatments and repeat prescriptions to compound scripts, getting your online scripts is now faster and more convenient than ever with Instant Consult! We even offer consultations bulk-billed for patients under 12 months of age with a valid Medicare card!
Quick and Easy Online Prescriptions
Our easy-to-use online prescribing tool makes it incredibly easy to connect with an Australian registered doctor and get electronic prescriptions at any time, from any place! No need to wait or travel to get your meds—you can do it all right from your phone or computer.
How Online Prescriptions Work
- Request a Video Consultation: Download the Instant Consult app and sign up for an account. Click on “Request a Consult” and follow the prompts. The first available doctor will connect with you within 15 minutes.
- Consult with your Doctor: Discuss your medical condition, medical history, and anything your doctor might need to make a diagnosis and complete a prescription request.
- Get your online prescription: If the doctor agrees to issue you an ePrescription, a digital token will be sent directly to your email or by SMS to your mobile after your consultation. If you are ineligible for an ePrescription token, a traditional prescription can be sent directly to a pharmacy of your choice for immediate collection. To do this, simply nominate the pharmacy you wish to collect your medication from in the email that is sent to you after your consultation.
- Pick up your prescription medication: Go to your nearest pharmacy and present your ePrescription to have your medication dispensed. Alternatively, you can order your medication online at Chemist Warehouse and to have it delivered to your door.
Are you eligible for our prescription online services?
To use Instant Consult, you will need to be within Australia and at least 17 years old. Patients under 17 must be accompanied by and have the consent of a parent or guardian. Parents or guardians can add their children to their accounts by updating the ‘Family Profile’ section in their profile. For medical consultations regarding your child or dependant, please ensure that you request their name, not your own.
Get the prescriptions you need from the comfort of your home
Our registered Australian doctors can issue prescriptions for a wide range of medical concerns:
- Common Medical Conditions: No need to spend hours in the waiting room just to get prescriptions for common ailments like allergies, hairloss, bacterial infections, and minor aches and pains. Consult with our fully licensed online doctors and get your ePrescription in minutes.
- Compound Medications: Our online doctors can issue compound prescriptions too. Get personalised scripts sent to your preferred compounding pharmacy without setting foot in the doctor’s office.
- Emergency Prescriptions: If you’ve run out of essential medication during the weekend or while travelling, we can help you get your refill quickly and easily.
Not sure what medications you need? Talk with real and certified Australian doctors
Your health matters, and so does the quality of your medical care. While we provide quick and easy online consultations, we never compromise on the quality of the medical professionals you engage with. We thoroughly vet our healthcare professionals to ensure you only connect with top-tier Australian doctors genuinely dedicated to your health and well-being.
Trust & Credibility: All our doctors are registered and accredited by the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA), offering you peace of mind and reliability.
Expert Care Anywhere: Whether you’re at home or on the go, our accredited doctors are available to provide high-quality care via your phone or computer.
Availability: Our platform is open 6am – Midnight AEST, 7 days a week, so you can consult with our certified doctors whenever it’s most convenient for you.
Request a telehealth consultation today!
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, Instant Consult online prescriptions are accepted by pharmacists all over Australia. Our prescriptions are written by fully qualified Doctors registered with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA), making them just as valid as traditional, paper-based prescriptions.
The consults are charged according to the duration of the consult and not on your medical condition or the prescriptions issued to you. We offer bulk-billing options with a valid Medicare card for children under 12 months of age to ensure you get affordable yet quality healthcare.
Yes, Instant Consult’s online doctors have the same medical qualifications as doctors who practice in traditional, in-person settings. All of our doctors are fully qualified and are registered with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA), as required by the Medical Board of Australia. Instant Consult practises to the standards developed by the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP) and the Australian College of Rural & Remote Medicine (ACRRM) for medical services. This ensures that you’re receiving medical advice and prescriptions from professionals who meet the same rigorous standards as doctors you’d see in a physical clinic. The key difference is the mode of delivery, not the level of expertise.
For many routine matters, such as renewing prescriptions, for ongoing conditions, discussing symptoms that are easily described, or consulting for common illnesses like colds and flu, an online consultation can be sufficient. But for certain conditions or symptoms that may require a physical examination, laboratory tests, or imaging studies to form a complete and accurate diagnosis, our online doctor can give general medical advice as well as issue specialist referrals and lab test requests so you can seek proper in-person medical attention.
To obtain an online prescription with Instant Consult, you will need a device with internet access and a camera and microphone for video consultations, such as:
- Computer, laptop, tablet, or smartphone device with an internet connection (Wi-Fi or mobile data).
- Headphone or speakers
If you’re using a smartphone or tablet, you’ll need to download the Instant Consult app from the iOS or Android app stores.
ePrescriptions have been rolled out across Australia; the token is sent directly to your email or mobile for you and can be presented at any pharmacy in Australia.
If you are not eligible for an ePrescription, you can search our Pharmacy database to see if your local pharmacy is listed. If it is not you will have to submit the pharmacy’s details manually. Select a pharmacy that is convenient for you to collect your medication from, and get your prescriptions directly sent to them.
Repeat prescriptions such as a ventolin inhaler can be issued through Instant Consult, however, it is ultimately up to the doctor and what they deem clinically appropriate during consultation. Just like if you were to visit your local medical centre, we cannot guarantee how many quantities or repeats a doctor will issue on a prescription for you.
Our prescribing policies are implemented to ensure patients check in with a doctor regularly and promote safer prescribing practices. Whether you are seeing a doctor on Instant Consult, or your regular GP, prescribing many quantities or repeats is not recommended through telehealth.
If the doctor has agreed to issue you a prescription and you have not received an email or SMS within 15 minutes of your consult being completed, please contact us on 1300 003 310 or email to email@example.com and one of our staff members will assist you.
If you were issued an ePrescription and your medication is out of stock, you can take your eToken to any pharmacy that does have stock. If this is not possible, the original issuing doctor may be able to issue a prescription for an alternative medication. Please contact us on 1300 003 310 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our staff members will assist you.
If you believe the doctor has issues you an incorrect prescription, please contact us on 1300 003 310 or email to email@example.com and one of our staff members will assist you.
If you were issued a traditional prescription and need to collect it from a different pharmacy from the one nominated, please contact us on 1300 003 310 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our staff members will assist you.
A paper copy of your prescription can only be sent to you if it has not already been sent to a pharmacy. If this is the case, select your name from the pharmacy database and ensure that the delivery address is correct. Please note it will take 7-10 business days for the hard copy prescription to arrive by mail.
In order to be eligible for an ePrescription token, you must either have a valid Medicare card, or know you Individual Healthcare Identifier (IHI). An IHI is a unique 16-digit number which the My Health Record system uses to identify an individual. If you know your IHI number but do not have a valid Medicare card, please contact us on 1300 003 310 or email to email@example.com and one of our staff members will assist in verifying you.
Instant access to chat with a doctor with a comprehensive range of services
With Instant Consult, you can chat with a doctor and get help for a wide range of medical requests, all from the comfort of your home!
Are you too ill to come into work and need to give your boss a medical certificate? With Instant Consult you can chat with a doctor and get a medical certificate sent directly to your app’s inbox, all without getting out of bed!
If you need a new prescription or need to update an ongoing one then you can use our app to instantly chat to a doctor who can prepare your prescription promptly!
If you have a medical condition that needs treatment from a specialist, one of our GP’s can send a digital referral straight to your app’s inbox.
If you need a blood cell count or to check for STDs/STIs or need any other kind of bloodwork you can easily get a pathology request sent to your inbox by any of our fully licensed online GPs. You can then take the request to the clinic of your choice.
If you require any special kind of diagnostic imaging such as a CAT scan or an MRI you can get a request from one of our online GPs which you can then take to your preferred provider.
Why Choose Instant Consult?
- Round-the-Clock Availability: We have doctors available between 6AM and midnight AEST, 7 days a week.
- No more appointments: Enjoy instant telehealth consultations whenever you want and get prescriptions when you need them, whether it’s in the middle of the night, on non-business days or even public holidays!
- Accredited Doctors: All of our online doctors are fully licensed, experienced, and AHPRA-certified.
- Privacy: We keep your data secure with 256-bit SSL certificates and digital certificate authentication. Our video consultations are also done one-on-one, so your health issues remain between you and your doctor.
- Bulk Billed for Patients Under 12 months with Medicare: We believe healthcare should be accessible to all, which is why our consultations are free for patients under 12 months of age with Medicare.
- Easy Record-Keeping: Your past prescriptions and medical history are stored and easily accessible in your Instant Consult account, making it easier for both you and any healthcare providers you consult in the future.
- Paperless System: Forget paper prescriptions; manage all your correspondence and telehealth appointments via the Instant Consult app.
- Rating System: Easily rate your online doctor after you end the call.
Take a look at our other online healthcare solutions
- Medical Certificates: Get an authentic Medical Certificate online from our accredited Australian doctors to validate your sick leave or absence.
- Specialist Referrals: Secure a Specialist Referral for advanced medical treatment, all through a convenient online consultation with our certified professionals.
- Pathology/Blood Test Requests: Our doctors can promptly issue online requests to get you the answers you need for your health.
- Radiology/X-Ray Requests: Our qualified doctors can set you up with the imaging referrals you need, all online.
- Online Consultation: Get access to expert healthcare at your fingertips with medical advice from accredited Australian doctors.
Community of Doctors
Australian registered, fully qualified, insured and experienced Doctors right at your fingertips ready for an instant online consult