Skip the wait for pathology test requests with Instant Consult. Our Australian registered doctors can sort out your blood test online requests swiftly and securely anywhere in Australia. Get your referral in minutes for a hassle-free health check!
Pathology Tests Requests At Your Convenience
Blood tests are vital for checking your general health and well-being. They can be routine or ad-hoc tp diagnosing certain conditions by determining health markers like your glucose and cholesterol levels. But getting a blood test referral often means waiting in a GP’s office for hours or driving for miles.
We understand the struggle. That’s why we’ve made it easier by bringing healthcare to your doorstep. Available every day from 6 AM to midnight AEST, including public holidays, our doctors are here to provide you with the blood test request you need whenever you need it.
This means no long waits and no need to leave your home. In less than 15 minutes, you’ll be talking to a fully qualified healthcare provider wherever you are in Australia. Your pathology request will then be sent to your Instant Consult inbox immediately after the consultation. It’s that easy!
With Instant Consult, managing your health is straightforward and stress-free!
How to Get a Blood Test Request Online
1. Book a Telehealth Consultation: Download the Instant Consult app and sign up for an account. On the home screen, click on “Request a Consult” and follow the prompts. The first available doctor will connect with you in less than 15 minutes.
2. Talk to Our Doctor: During the video consultation, tell your doctor about your symptoms, medical history and any other necessary information for them to assess your medical needs.
3. Receive Your Request: If the doctor deems it necessary, your pathology request form will be sent to your Instant Consult inbox right after the consultation.
4. Share Your Request: To send your Pathology Request to your preferred Collection Centre, open the document in your Patient Inbox and use the ‘share’ option at the bottom of the page. Or, print the request and take it to the Pathology Centre yourself.
Instant access to chat with a doctor with a comprehensive range of services
With Instant Consult, you can chat with a doctor and get help for a wide range of medical requests, all from the comfort of your home!
Are you too ill to come into work and need to give your boss a medical certificate? With Instant Consult you can chat with a doctor and get a medical certificate sent directly to your app’s inbox, all without getting out of bed!
If you need a new prescription or need to update an ongoing one then you can use our app to instantly chat to a doctor who can prepare your prescription promptly!
If you have a medical condition that needs treatment from a specialist, one of our GP’s can send a digital referral straight to your app’s inbox.
If you need a blood cell count or to check for STDs/STIs or need any other kind of bloodwork you can easily get a pathology request sent to your inbox by any of our fully licensed online GPs. You can then take the request to the clinic of your choice.
If you require any special kind of diagnostic imaging such as a CAT scan or an MRI you can get a request from one of our online GPs which you can then take to your preferred provider.
Understanding Your Lab Test Results
At Instant Consult, we not only make it easier to secure a lab test request. We also make sure you understand your lab test results to ensure that you receive accurate and safe medical advice. Here’s how it works:
- Receiving Your Results: After your pathology tests, the pathologist’s report is sent directly back to our clinic. We promptly notify you via SMS, email, and app notification once we receive your results. This is your cue to book a follow-up consultation with any of our doctors to discuss these findings.
- Booking a Follow-Up Consultation: You don’t have to consult with the original doctor who issued the pathology referral. Any of our Instant Consult doctors can review your results. However, it’s important to wait until you receive confirmation from us that your complete results are in. If it’s been over 3 business days since your test and you haven’t heard from us, please contact our support team at 1300 003 310 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Consulting with Your Regular GP: If you prefer, during your initial consultation, you can request to have your test results sent to your regular healthcare provider. This way, you can discuss your results with your usual GP. Your GP can also request these results directly from the Pathology clinic if needed.
We adhere to strict medical guidelines. This means we cannot send your results directly to you unless they have been reviewed by a medical practitioner first.
Community of Doctors
Australian registered, fully qualified, insured and experienced Doctors right at your fingertips ready for an instant online consult
Frequently Asked Questions
Our doctors can issue a wide range of pathology requests online, such as:
- Full Blood Count (FBC): Measures various components of the blood, including red cells, white cells, and platelets, to assess overall health and detect a range of disorders.
- Blood Sugar Tests: These include glucose and HbA1c tests, which are essential for monitoring blood sugar levels and diabetes management.
- Blood Chemistry Tests: Includes liver function tests, lipid profiles, and 25-hydroxy vitamin D tests to measure amounts of certain chemicals in blood. It helps detect abnormalities in certain organ functions.
- Genetic Testing: For identifying genetic disorders or predispositions to certain conditions.
- Serology Tests: To check for the presence of certain antibodies that might indicate an immune response to infections or conditions.
- Thyroid Function Tests: These tests evaluate how well your thyroid is working and can diagnose thyroid disorders.
- Liver Function Tests: To assess the health of your liver and diagnose liver conditions.
- Cancer Marker Tests: Blood tests like PSA (Prostate-Specific Antigen) are used to screen for prostate cancer or monitor treatment.
Consult with our doctor to find out if fasting is required.
Yes, the requests issued by our doctors are valid across Australia. So you can choose any pathology collection centre to have your blood test done.
Yes, if you require a blood test for travel, such as a COVID-19 antibody test, our doctors can issue the necessary request.
If your results show any concerns, our doctors will discuss the next steps with you, including further testing or a referral to a specialist if necessary.
If you are requesting a referral for someone under your care, they must be present during the consult, and you must request the consult under their profile.
Yes, every consultation incurs a separate fee. If you have a valid Medicare card, our consults are bulk-billed for patients 12 months and younger. However, if you have to pay for the consultation out of your own pocket, we also offer competitive pricing to ensure you get top-notch healthcare without breaking the bank.
Yes, pathology requests expire 12 months from the date of issue.