Premium, gold-standard telehealth services that connect you with top-notch health professionals - that’s what Instant Consult offers. Through a quick video call, you can talk to experienced and fully qualified health professionals right from your own home or wherever you are in Australia. Whether you need medical advice, a prescription refill, specialist referrals, or lab test requests, we've got you covered.
No more waiting rooms, just instant medical consultations on your terms. It's convenient, straightforward, and all about making healthcare accessible for every Australian.
What is Telehealth?
Telehealth services refer to the delivery of health services and information via digital communication technologies, like videoconferencing. This enables patients to consult with healthcare providers, receive medical advice, manage chronic conditions, and even get prescriptions, all remotely. In short, it’s an exciting and innovative way to experience healthcare.
At Instant Consult, we’re thrilled to be at the forefront of this healthcare revolution. We make connecting with some of Australia’s top GPs and medical practitioners as easy as tapping a few buttons. With us, it’s not just about meeting your health needs; it’s about enhancing your entire healthcare experience. So, why wait in line when you can have healthcare at your fingertips? Join us in embracing the future of health with Instant Consult!
Choose From Our Wide Range of Telehealth Services
Instant Consult is all about bringing healthcare to your doorstep with our convenient and accessible telehealth services. We offer a range of digital health services to suit your health needs, no matter the time or your location.
- General Medical Consultations: Connect instantly with AHPRA-registered general practitioners via video consultations for advice, diagnosis, or just a reassuring chat about your health concerns. It’s like having a doctor in your pocket!
- Specialist Referrals: Need more specialised care? No worries! From mental health services to erectile dysfunction, we can swiftly arrange a referral to the appropriate health provider so you can get the targeted care you need.
- Medical Certificates: Whether it’s for work, school, or other commitments, you can obtain sick leave certificates and a carer’s certificate without the hassle of an in-person visit.
- Online Prescriptions: Easy, fast, and reliable – get your prescriptions sorted and sent straight to your phone. Managing your medication has never been this effortless.
- Pathology Requests: From blood tests to other diagnostics, our doctors can arrange it all. You can then visit a testing facility at your convenience, and we’ll help interpret the results for you.
- Radiology Requests: Need an X-ray or other imaging services? We take care of the referral process, so you can get the diagnostic imaging you need without unnecessary delays.
How to Use Our Telehealth Services
Requesting a telehealth consultation at Instant Consult takes no more than a few minutes, and tapping a few buttons! Here’s a quick guide on how to use our telehealth services:
- Sign Up or Log In: Go to Playstore if you’re using an Android device or the App Store for Apple devices. Download the Instant Consult app and create an account or log in if you already have one. If you’re on your laptop or PC, you can go to www.instantconsult.com.au.
- Book a Consultation: On the app’s dashboard (or the Instant Consult homepage if you’re on your PC), click on the “Request a Consult” button. Follow the prompts to join the queue, and one of our online doctors will connect with you in less than 15 minutes.
- Talk to Your Doctor: During the video call, tell your doctor about your symptoms, medical history, any medications you’re taking, and any other information they might ask. Providing your doctor with the correct information is crucial to helping them better determine what healthcare services you need.
- Receive Advice and Care: Your doctor will provide medical advice based on the information you provided. If you need a medical certificate or pathology or radiology requests, it will be sent to your Instant Consult inbox shortly after. Or, if you need more targeted care, you can receive your specialist referral the same way, too. Any certificates, referrals, or requests will stay in your app’s inbox until you opt to delete them.
Convenient Consultation Options
We understand that everyone’s healthcare needs vary, and so do your communication preferences. That’s why we offer flexible and convenient consultation options to fit into your schedule. At Instant Consult, you can connect with us through:
- Phone Consultations: Quick, easy, and perfect when you’re on the go. Just grab your phone, and you’re ready to chat with our healthcare professionals. Ideal for busy days or when you’re away from home.
- Computer Conferencing: Prefer a bigger screen? Our video consultations via computers or laptops give you a more personal interaction. Just make sure your device has all the video conferencing essentials like a camera, microphone, and a headphone or speaker.
Why Opt For Telehealth Consultations?
While most people think telemedicine is only about convenience, it’s more than just that. It’s reshaping Australia’s healthcare landscape. Here’s how harnessing telehealth consultations can make your life easier:
- Ultimate Convenience: You can get top-notch medical advice while lounging in your pyjamas or during a lunch break at work. That’s the kind of convenience we’re talking about!
- Flexibility: Whether you’re on a road trip, stuck at the office, or just cozy at home, our services are just a click or call away. Healthcare now fits into your pocket and your schedule.
- No More Waiting Rooms: Forget about crowded waiting areas. Grab a cup of coffee, relax on your couch, and wait for your consultation in the comfort of your own space.
- Reach Anywhere: Living in a remote area or in an Aboriginal community? No worries. With Instant Consult, distance is no longer a barrier to accessing expert healthcare advice.
- Safe and Sound: Especially during times like flu seasons or health scares, telehealth means you can still get great care even if you have to self-isolate.
- Access to a Wider Pool of Doctors: Telemedicine connects you with doctors from all over Australia. That means you get access to a wider pool of primary care providers, from general practice to allied health professionals.
- Safe and Secure: Just like in any face-to-face consultations, your health records and any other information disclosed during the consultation are kept in a fully encrypted server. Plus, the consultations are conducted on a one-on-one basis to give you the privacy you need, especially when discussing sensitive health issues.
- Qualified Doctors, Quality Care: Our team consists of fully qualified and experienced doctors. You’re in good hands, receiving the level of virtual care on par with traditional in-person visits.
Frequently Asked Questions
Instant Consult’s telehealth appointments adhere to strict confidentiality and security standards. For one, all health records and communication are stored in a fully encrypted server. Plus, consultations are conducted in the privacy of your own home or anywhere you’re comfortable. So, everything you disclose during the video call stays between you and your doctor.
Only for patients 12 months and younger, can consults be bulk-billed as long as you have a valid Medicare card.
You will have to make the initial request to connect with a doctor. After you click on the “Request a Consult” on the Instant Consult app, the first available will join you in our secure video conferencing platform.
You generally need a device with internet access, a camera, and a microphone, such as a smartphone, tablet, or computer. A stable internet connection is also important for lag-free video calls.
Instant Consult doctors are available from 6 AM to midnight AEST every day, including public holidays.
To use Instant Consult, you need to be in Australia and at least 17 years old. If you’re under 17, you can only use the service with a parent or guardian present and their consent.
For parents or guardians with children under 17, you can add your child to your account. Simply log in, go to your Profile, and select Family Profile to add or edit your dependent’s details. You can also create an account for your child and request a consultation through their profile.
Remember, consultations for your child must be requested under their profile, not yours. Our doctors can’t consult with your child under your account.
Need a script fast?
From common treatments and repeat prescriptions to compound scripts, getting your online scripts is now faster and more convenient than ever with Instant Consult! We even offer consultations bulk-billed and free of charge for patients under 12 months of age!